Monday, January 21, 2013

Poetry from my grandma. :-)

This blog will continue to mainly be one featuring reviews/critiques from events happening in the area.

I do, however, own creative control of the content, and I'd like to make it a hub for cool and interesting poetry and/or short stories...because why not?

So here is a poem written not by me, but by my 80-something year old grandmother, Patricia Sorich.

My grandmother is quite possibly the coolest person on the planet. She lives in Butte and has been a huge influence on who I am.

Here's a poem she wrote some 20 years ago but has never been read by anyone other than her, my aunt and myself. Until now:

Sounds of Life
by Patricia Sorich


A robust wail announcing baby’s birth

Gleeful giggles defining a childhood fun and mirth

Shy adolescent twitters masking braces, acne and teen age fears

Pubescent cries of silence “I am too old for tears”!

Tender whispers declaring the love of man and wife

Gentle words of wisdom guiding a child’s life

Happy chuckles holding a grandchild’s hand

Rhythm of the rocker, contentment has found this man

Sounds to soon muted, it’s time to say “goodbye”

Life began so lustily now ends with a simple sigh

1 comment:

Comments are welcome and encouraged. If you have an opinion on a review or more information about an event or release I've written about, feel free to share it in the comments section.
Please keep your comments civil. If a comment unfairly attacks someone, I will attempt to contact you and I reserve the right to remove it depending on what it is. feel free to email me at jake.sorich@gmail.com for further questions about comments.